1. We take our customer's privacy seriously and we will only collect, record, hold, store and use your personal information as outlined below. We are committed to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, its policies as well as corresponding guidelines and orders.
3. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
5. You can visit our website at www.byloka.com and browse without having to provide your personal details. You may remain anonymous and at no time would we be able to identify you unless you have registered an account ("Account") with us on our website and have logged on with your username and password.
6. Collection of Personal Information
6.1 We collects information from you at several different points on the Site, including when you create the Account, make inquiries about our products and services, contact us for support, to explore career opportunities with us or when you make reservations for any intended Service.
6.2 Byloka does not sell or trade customer's personal information collected online with third parties.
6.3 Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within Byloka's corporate group and to third parties for the purposes for which it was collected as authorised and consented by you.
6.4 When you register an Account, the personal information we collect may include your name, NRIC/passport number, contact number or email address.
6.5 When you make a purchase/booking on the Site, the additional personal information we collect may include telephone number, residential address, credit card details and payment methodology.
7. The mandatory personal information we collect from you will be used and or shared within our corporate group and to third parties for one or the following purposes:-
7.1 To facilitate your use of the Service and/or access to the Site;
7.2 To process your procurement of the Service;
7.3 To complete the transactions between you and Byloka or a third party;
7.4 To provide you with relevant Service information;
7.5 To process your request and to provide you with the services and information offered through our Site and which you may request;
7.6 To allow us to administer your registered Account with us;
7.7 To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you may make online. For example, payments that you make through our website will be processed by our appointed agent. Disclosure to these data processing agents such as that of our appointed agent in this context is necessary for the purpose of conducting the sales transaction that you have opted for.
7.8 To conduct market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our Service and the Site;
7.9 To maintain and update our records (including for archiving, when the user become inactive);
7.10 To support our business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making;
7.11 To comply with all applicable legislation, laws and regulations and to prevent fraud or illegal activities or to enforce or defend any of our rights.
7.12 For such other purposes for which you have specifically authorised us to do so.
8. Subscription to our marketing and promotional materials
8.1 In addition to the personal information outlined above, when you register an Account with us, you shall be asked if you would like to subscribe to our marketing and or promotional materials from time to time. These marketing and or promotional materials may come from within our corporate group wholly or through affiliation with third parties. If you choose to so subscribe, you are deemed to have consented to us processing within our corporate group and or third parties your personal information for this purpose. You can always choose to unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by opting for the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
9. Security of Your Personal Information
9.1 We ensure that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
9.1.1 Allowing access to personal information only via passwords;
9.1.2 Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
9.1.3 Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
10. Disclosure of Personal Information
10.1 We will not share your information with any other organisations other than our corporate group and those third parties directly related to and necessary for the purpose for which you have authorised. In exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health or required by the law.
10.2 If you believe that your privacy has been breached by us, please contact Customer Service and we will resolve the issue.
11. Retention of your Personal Information
11.1 We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations in respect of the purposes specified herein and to all other purposes that are related thereto and/or purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
12. Collection of Computer Data not necessarily Personal Information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information
12.1 We may collect and process or require you to submit certain data including but not limited to the following:-
12.1.1 Copy of correspondence via email, instant or personal messaging or otherwise between us and you and between Users.
12.1.2 Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by us, if any, relating to the Services and newsletter which may be published or distributed by us.
12.3 When you visit the Site, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
12.3.1 Your computer's IP address.
12.3.2 Browser type and browser information.
12.3.3 Details of your usage of this Site including traffic data, location data and User's session length.
12.3.4 Pages visited, previous sites visited or subsequent sites visited.
12.3.5 This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Site and the services we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
13. You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. We recommend to turn on cookies function to enhance your usage to our website.
15. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
15.1 Please note that the accuracy of your personal information provided to us is crucial. You are responsible for informing us about changes to your personal information or in the event you believe that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
15.2 You can access and update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the Site.
16. Complaints about breaches of privacy
16.1 If you have any question or complaints about the processing of your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Our Customer Service will be happy to assist you. If you feel that your rights have been violated, you may also lodge a complaint with the Department of Personal Data Protection of Malaysia.